The New Castle Community Media Center (NCCMC) invites photographers to enter the Digital Photo Competition for the new Town of New Castle website.
Please read the following rules, guidelines, and terms and conditions below before submitting any photos.
This competition is open to photographers of ALL ages who live, work or go to school in the Town of New Castle.
The overall theme for the Town of New Castle website is “Our Town.” In selecting photos for our website we will look for images that showcase the Town of New Castle and its hamlets (Chappaqua and Millwood), from landmarks and defining features to events and celebrations.
WHAT TO ENTER:
We are looking for striking digital images that celebrate and highlight the beauty of the Town of New Castle. We are especially interested in colorful and unique images that showcase the following traits:
- Essential aspects of town and hamlet life
- The changing seasons of New Castle
- Memorable New Castle events and celebrations
If you choose to include people in your submission other than those attending a public event, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must provide copies of those releases to the New Castle Community Media Center upon request.
Photo captions must accompany all submissions, and should include the subject of the image, the location where the image was taken, and the name of the photographer.
What NOT to Enter: Entrants must not submit images that involve human nudity or the willful harassment of wildlife; incur damage to the environment by the photographer or put any individual or animal in danger; or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person. No advertising or commercial content is permitted.
HOW TO ENTER:
Photos must be submitted in digital format to the NCCMC using upload link above by June 30, 2019.
With each submission, we will require your name, phone number, email address and other information about your photo.
ELIGIBILITY OF IMAGES:
To ensure eligibility for the contest all entries must pass the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2000 pixel wide and no less than 1MB. Files may be jpeg, png, tiff or psd.
- Must have been taken by the entrant.
Images will be judged on the guidelines above and also on their technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
The NCCMC Board will determine which photographs fit the needs of the website. The NCCMC Board shall determine the winners, at its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final. The winning images will be appear on the Town of New Castle website. All entrants featured on the website will receive photo credit. Winners will be notified by email if their photo is selected.
You will retain all rights to any photograph(s) you submit—including ownership if applicable. You will only grant the NCCMC and the Town of New Castle rights to use your photograph if you are honored by the competition as a winner.
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as a winner, you will agree to grant NCCMC and the Town of New Castle a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, to:
- The use of the photograph by NCCMC or Town of New Castle in print or electronic publications (newsletters, website, electronic signs, etc.)
- Use the photograph to promote future photo competitions.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used for these purposes.
- We reserve the right to crop or edit the photo to meet our publication requirements.
- As conditions of this permission, NCCMC and the Town of New Castle shall credit all photographs with the photographers’ name.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.